Twitter

Instagram

Instagram

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Warm Ewe Up Swap - Question #1

Why did you learn to knit?

It was a long time ago. I was about 15 or so, and I don't remember all the details. I guess I was just curious, or else I wanted to get nice sweaters cheaper than I could buy them. I did know how to sew and embroider and do needlepoint (how Jane Austen-ish that sounds!) so knitting was a sort of natural progression.

I don't remember knowing anyone who knit. I taught myself using a little black and white pamphlet from Paton's. I do remember making a grey mohair vest, a brown cabled cardigan, and something green. I still have that vest :-)

I stopped knitting when I went to university, then returned to it years later when I was a busy career woman, as a way to de-stress.

Now I'm in my third wave of knitting, and rather obsessed...

No comments:

Post a Comment