Twitter

Instagram

Instagram

Friday, June 19, 2020

On Juneteenth


Wow, there is a lot going on. 
I hesitated quite a bit before writing this blog, because I thought, "really what do I have to add to the discussion. The world Isn't waiting to hear what I think."

I empathize deeply with all the people who have been hurt and treated badly in the United States and elsewhere, simply because of their race. 
Of course black lives matter, that should be obvious to anyone. Did I really need to say it? Well maybe I do. 
I will try to be a better ally, and educate myself more. I will work at being more inclusive than I have been. I have donated to a couple of black defense organizations.
As a child of Holocaust survivors, I don't need to be told how awful it is to treat one group of people as "other", inferior, even disposable. I carry that in my heart, and it will always be there. 
I will defer any marketing or self-promotion for another time. 
You can always find my Ravelry page, and my Etsy shop if you're interested. 

Stay tuned, there will be coupons, news, and knitting tips, offered in the future. 

Thanks for reading.

2 comments: